Sunday, July 31, 2011

Progress on Shirtdress

Just goes to show when you put in a couple of hours straight, you can really get somewhere on a dress. I put on some music, settled in and really got places. Even with all the edge-stitching and top-stitching, this moved along quickly. I was going to quit when I reached the collar, but thought I would just keep going as I was thinking of the collar as a hurdle to overcome. Easier than I thought and quicker and I am happy with the results so far.

All that is left now is the sleeves, hems, buttons and buttonholes. I am thinking that this should have those classic shirt buttons that look like horn. I might even have enough of them in my button box.

This fabric is so soft and has a lovely drape, it feels like thick soft pyjama fabric. Makes me wonder why I left it stashed for so long.

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of this dress and can hardly wait to see the final version. I might just have to make it myself.

    ReplyDelete