Friday, February 1, 2013

Practical Sewing

The first of two aprons for my daughters. This is from the pattern All Day Apron from Indygo Junction.

Thinking of how many tops I have stained while cooking, I thought my two married daughters could benefit from an apron. The problem for me was that I never wanted to wear an ugly apron, and I never bothered to sew myself a pretty one. Perhaps my daughters can save their tops and dresses from grease splatters with pretty aprons like this one.

It is a great pattern to use up odd bits of fabric, as it requires 1 yard of one print and 1 1/4 yard of another, plus a little bit of bias binding for the neckline and top of the pocket. The apron ties in back and also has two straps from the shoulder to the waist that keep the apron from slipping off your shoulders.

This one is done in a tulip print plus a lime green cotton with multi-coloured dots on it. The other apron will be done in two prints of daffodils, as that daughter's favourite colour is yellow. Oops, it seems I cut the tulip fabric upside down. I didn't even notice until I posted the picture. Just keeping up my reputation of not being perfect.