Saturday, April 2, 2011

What's Next


Last week, at the local fabric store, I found a rayon knit. Although it would not be my usual choice in colour or design, I picked up enough for a tee because rayon knits are few and far between in this neck of the woods. It has enough contrast in it to work; normally I can't wear beige at all, but this one has enough white and bright red to offset the beige.

This afternoon, I ran short of white thread. Great, an excuse to run out to the fabric store, and use that coupon I got last week. Save $15 if you spend $30! What's holding me back? I found a beige bottom weight, cotton/poly/lycra, that will make nice pants or capris to go with the knit above. It is a medium weight and the content will make ironing not required. I passed up the 100% linens in beige, knowing that they would sit waiting to be ironed and not get worn as much as they should. Our summers don't get all that hot here on the east coast, so the poly content won't be a problem.

This combo might just decide the next jacket in the Jacket a Month sew-along. I think an off-white jean jacket might just be required now.


And this is the front of the Vogue 8323, a tee shirt pattern with princess seams. Not common and I have had this one in the pile of to-dos for a while. I compared it with the Connie Crawford tee that I made last month, and they are very similar so I made no adjustments before cutting. Even though I am short, I rarely alter patterns on the lengthen/shorten line as I prefer the length in most tops, especially knit ones. The styles are longer now, thank goodness, and it is nice to wear tees that come to mid hip, no more tugging at hems to pull the tees down everytime you reach for anything.


And on the sale rack, there was this gorgeous 100% linen that feels soft and heavy. There was only three metres left on the bolt, enough for a bias cut skirt. The blue is a real true indigo, what a find!

I have decided I need to have more colour in my wardrobe; when I hang out clothes to dry, the washline looks pretty drab, with a lot of black or dark knits predominating. This spring and summer, I intend to brighten up my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment