Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jacket #3


Whew! I don't know why this jacket too so long, but it seemed to linger forever. Granted there was a week with grandchildren visiting, but even so. I began this in the last week of February and it has taken a month to complete a relatively simple jacket.

I had thought I would put silver or pewter buttons on the jacket, but then thought I would be most likely to wear it with a white blouse and black pants, and the silver buttons would be fighting for attention. A trip to the local fabric store netted some buttons that mimicked the pattern of the brocade, they were the same red with black squiggles on them, and I knew they were just what I wanted the minute I saw them. Back home to quickly make six buttonholes, sew on the buttons and give the jacket a final press. As we say with so many projects "thank goodness, that's over!"

5 comments:

  1. Julie - I'm soooooo happy to have found your blog! This is a lovely jacket and I understand about the taking time thing...I've finally finished jacket #2 and it's almost April so I should be on jacket #4...*sigh!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous jacket Julie. Glad you found the perfect buttons for it.
    Like Carolyn, I have finished jacket #2 and should be starting jacket #4. I won't be getting at jacket #3 for a week though. I have a lot of sewing to do in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this jacket, the fabric and color. It is really lovely. Everyone working on a jacket a month has my respect and admiration. It is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jacket is a showstopper. Glad you found the perfect buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jacket is really beautiful. I really love your fabric choice.

    Thank you for putting my blog on your blog roll.

    ReplyDelete