Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blog Award

Ann from http://everythingsewing.blogspot.com/ gave me the Versatile Blogger Award.  Thanks, Ann, I have to confess I was surprised as I only have a few readers. But it's kind of fun to participate in this so here goes.



Now let's see. I am supposed to do some things here, in order to spread this around.
First I have to mention seven random things about myself.  Hmmm.....

1.  I have been married to the same man for 38 years.

2.  We have 3 daughters and 8 grandchildren, with another on the way.

3.  Our youngest daughter broke the mold, wears a habit, and is a Franciscan nun.

4.  I began sewing at age 12 and am self-taught for the most part.

5.  For years, I crocheted endlessly; for the most part, I made lace shawls that I sold through craft stores.

6.  I love dogs and have had a dog almost all of my life.

7.  I would love to live in the country on an acreage, not a farm (too much work) but with a fair chunk of land around me.


Now I am to list the rules of the award and will now proceed to pass it along to 15 other bloggers. 
So here are the rules:


- Add the award to your blog.
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
-  Mention 7 random things about yourself.
-  List the rules.
-  Give the award to 15 bloggers.
-  Inform each of those bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.


7 comments:

  1. Thank you!

    Wow- 38 years! I always have to ask- what's your advice for marriage? Congratulations. :)

    Really interesting about your daughter. I rather admire her mold-breaking for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Advice? stick with it, everyone has difficult times (sometimes they can be years) but we have become each other's best friend. It really helps that my husband has a wicked sense of humour and would never fight back when I got surly. So he avoided all-out fights, I would be left feeling ashamed of myself for my outbursts, he never retaliated. I think that was a key factor for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the "best friend" thing sounds great. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow thanks Julie. Busy with work so probably not able to respond sensibly until the weekend. Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, thank you so much for the Versatile Blogger award, but since I already have that award I will pass on writing seven things about me ... But thank you for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Julie, I appreciate you sending the award on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie - thank you for honoring me with this award! I am so thrilled that you think my ramblings worthy and that you admire my sewing. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete