Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Burda Blouse



I'm not quite ready to start Jacket number 3, and want to sew some nice cotton fabric, easy to press, but with a little challenge. This blouse in Burda Jan 2010 caught my eye. I used to have a blouse very similar to this thirty years ago! and loved the comfort of it.

But I have a love-hate relationship with the Burda magazine. Even though I have subscribed for years, I have not often made anything from these patterns. It is that darn tracing issue. But yesterday, while the potatoes were baking, I thought just do it, and found it only took half an hour to trace off this pattern.

I read over the instructions several times; they are sparse as Burda followers know, even less directions than the patterns from the store. And this blouse has a button tab that extends below the seam that joins the front to the front insert. I could not make any sense of the directions, so I may just alter these tabs to be included in the seam and thereby avoid the weird stuff that seems to be going on. We shall see; I plan on starting this today.

My fabric is a lilac cotton shirting from the stash; if this turns out well, I will invest in something nicer and brighter to make another version. If anyone has seen a nice paisley cotton like the one in the photo, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment